- How to Initiate the MT Protocol
- Blood Tubes
- Transfusion Service (Blood Bank) Phone Number
- Get Help
- Using the Level 1 Fast Flow Fluid Warmer
A Tackle Box with all the necessary equipment and instructions is kept on Obstetrics and in the Anesthesia Workroom at the ForeRiver Campus, and in the Anesthesia WorkRoom at the State Street Campus.
A detailed, step by step outline is included in the Tackle Box. If you need another copy, you can print one here.
Tubes for Blood Specimens to the Transfusion Service (Blood Bank) are included in the Tackle Box
The Transfusion Service (Blood Bank) telephone number is extension 3283, from both campuses.
Management of Massive Transfusion works best with FIVE people:
A. TWO Anesthesia Providers, one to start IV's and Manage Anesthesia, the other to gather transfusion equipment, sign off bags, administer transfusions, clotting factors, Calcium, etc. Call in Help if needed.
B. Circulation Nurse and Assistant to:
- Stay in phone contact with transfusion service
- Cosign after checking blood products
- Draw blood for further testing
- Call in extra help if needed.
C. A Runner to take lab samples to lab ands return with Blood Products