Tips in managing unexpeced hemmorhage at Scarborough Surgery Center
Emergency Infusion Cart:
- -located in the inner core across from room 9
- -includes large bin filled with supplies for us.
- -contains IV fluids, 2 hespan, bloodsets and supplies to start a large bore IV.
- -also contains appropriate tubes for lab work such as coags, type & cross, and ABGs.
- -All of this is checked daily to avoid outdating
- -has "List of Contents" that can be scanned quickly so you can see what's in there.
Pressors & Resuscitation Drugs:
- -Emergency drips, such as dopamine and epinephrine can be found in the code cart.
-Plum pump tubing is with the drips.
- -The fastest way to get a pump is to send someone to Pedi post op, there is one in every cubby.
- Anesthesia Workroom: on the cart with the circuits, 2nd shelf from the top, front and center.
- *fluid warmer
- *high flow infusion sets for the warmer
- *more hespan and bloodsets
Emergency Transfusion Protocol:
- -If you need to use uncrossmatched blood, the Bramhall Blood Bank needs to be called directly at
662-2121. Do not call NorDx.
-an order must be placed in the hospital computer system, ASAP.
- -specimen needs to be collected and sent to the Blood Bank ASAP.
-the blood will be released immediately regardless of the specimen
- -the NorDx courier will deliver the blood
- -STAT ABGs, Coag panels must be sent to Bramhall by courier.